I’ve been writing for half a year now. It’s been an instructive and fulfilling experience. I’m a little better at writing than I was in June.
Writing is hard. Not sounding pedantic when writing about math is hard. Being concise is hard.
Here are some of the posts I’m proud of:
- How I first understood the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Vectors everywhere.
- Is calculus a load of crap? (Really I mean is it any good for describing people.)
- Time is like space.
- What the h%ll are sine and cosine, anyway?
- Superpowers I have.
- Measures of distance.
- The “Jesus Norm”
- Affiliate sites should be like Kayak.
- How to do trackbacks in tumblr.
- Convex combinations of beer.
- The MBTI oversimplifies people. (I hope to write about math that I think does justice to people’s complexity before this blog hits 1 year old.)
- Topology = connections between things.
- Category theory, post-modernism, and object-oriented programming.
- Manifolds, racism and self-versus-other.
- Immigrants should teach high school Spanish. (Come on, they really should.)
I think I have a few more original posts in me. I’ve been surprised to see how “big ideas” that were taking up a lot of space in my head, don’t look that big written out.